NORTH STAR HISTORIC CONSERVANCY
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Part-time)
The North Star Historic Conservancy, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to assist with, on a part-time basis, specific contractual, administrative and coordination tasks. Be a part of a team helping to transition the historic North Star House into a cultural event center! Flexible schedule; up to 15 hours / week with capability for growth. Salary range is $18 – $20 / hour, depending on experience. Resume must be mailed by July 19, 2019 to: The North Star Historic Conservancy, 12075 Auburn Road, Grass Valley, CA 95949. Job Description available at www.northstarconservancy.org. Any questions, please email email@example.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Job Summary. The North Star Historic Conservancy (NSHC) is looking for a dynamic, self-starter to assist with and coordinate office and rental operations. The Administrative Assistant reports to the President and/or assigned Board member(s) and will have strong people skills, be able to manage wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks, and be proficient with computers and the use of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint), QuickBooks, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, scanning and electronically distributing documents. Experience in handling a wide range of administrative support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision is preferred. The Administrative Assistant should be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a non-profit organization.
General Duties and Responsibilities. Under direction of the Board and/or President, the general duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for presenting and marketing the House to prospective renters or Serve as a “first-contact” to all parties interested in renting, touring or using the property including, but not limited to, renters, service organizations, non-profits, governmental organizations, etc.;
- Assist in the management, coordination and organization of activities and schedules for various public / private events being held on the property;
- Provide customer service and assistance to the public in person, by phone, by mail, or by electronic means; answer customer questions and inquiries or refer inquiries to the appropriate party; explain steps, appropriate forms, procedures, and requirements for various transactions, services, or activities; research, resolve, and respond to customer problems and complaints;
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies, consultants, vendors, contractors, NSHC Board, and the public;
- Prepare, modify and update event contracts as assigned and collect fees as necessary
- Prepare, respond and file correspondence on behalf of NSHC;
- Assist with the inventory, reproduction and distribution of marketing and informational materials; assist in maintaining database of donors, sponsors and members;
- Keep inventory of event support materials available for rental use including, but not limited to, tables, chairs, backdrops, stages, computers, display material, lighting, ;
- Manage and maintain an administrative filing system;
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment; and
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma in Business Administration preferred, or equivalent experience can substitute for the degree; and
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation.
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in office or administrative support capacity;
- Proficient in computer use and familiar with the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, QuickBooks, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, scanning and electronically distributing documents; and
- Experience in coordinating events in Nevada County or Sierra Nevada foothill region a
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking;
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism;
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment;
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and make decisions within job scope;
- Good understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting a non-profit organization; and
Physical Demands: The Administrative Assistant will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Administrative Assistant will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials of up to 25 pounds from time to time.
Environmental Conditions: The Administrative Assistant will work in a busy, active area of the property, often visited by the public. The employee may be faced with constant interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
Mental Demands: There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress. The employee must also deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and activities of the position.