UPDATE April 6, 2021: We are cautiously optimistic about being able to have some outdoor events this summer.
Sunday, October 17 will be a new, fun event which we are developing in partnership with Soroptimist Club of the Sierra Foothills. We’re still in the planning stage, but mark your calendars. We’ll have the Soroptimist Garden Shop, tours, and more.
We might be able to have one or two of the “Friday Nite Locals” concerts. Still working on that.
It has been a long year for all of us and we are anxious to resume relaxing and “enjoying company” at the House.
The North Star House continues to be closed due to safety precautions and government regulations during the pandemic. Even though we cannot open to the public right now, we are continuing with house restoration and planning for the future.
- The construction volunteers are utilizing the house closing to spread out into all of the first floor rooms with restoration and finish work … using masks and social distancing.
- The garden crew is maintaining the Heritage Garden, which is growing and filling in nicely. It will look gorgeous when we are on the Soroptimist Garden Tour May 22-23, 2021.
- We are revamping the Open House and Docent program, plus adding a new Landscape Tour that will be available in 2021.
- We have interesting speakers lined up for a 2021 Speaker Series.
- We plan to launch Friday Nite Locals concerts in the summer, featuring established local artists and introducing new talent.
- And we have learned to have Board meetings via Zoom!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the House when we are able to host the public again.