Description of Position. The position of the Property Manager is responsible for general security, routine maintenance and oversight of grounds, buildings and equipment. The Property Manager monitors and facilitates, as necessary, events being held at the cultural event center. All services and work performed by the Property Manager on the North Star Historic District shall be undertaken as a part-time employee of the North Star Historic Conservancy (NSHC). Such work shall be performed on the grounds and/or buildings under the direction of a project manager assigned for the project, typically the President of NSHC. Must be willing to reside on-site in an existing residence at 12181 Auburn Road, work occasional evenings and weekends and have a flexible schedule.
General Duties and Responsibilities. Under direction of the North Star Historic Conservancy (NSHC) Board President, or designee, the the duties and responsibilities of the Property Manager are:
- Perform routine periodic inspections of the property to assure that no unauthorized persons have entered the property.
- Open and close the access gates at appropriate times.
- Assure that doors are properly locked at the North Star House and inspect the perimeter of the house for potential evidence of break-ins or vandalism. Contact the President if it appears that the site has been vandalized or burglarized.
- Monitor the water system on a regular basis to assure that potable water is being distributed to the occupied structures and restrooms.
- Monitor the irrigation system to assure that the lawns and gardens are being watered properly.
- Sprinkler timing to assure that the lawns are being watered adequately.
- Water selected areas that are not irrigated by automated sprinklers.
- Till and level lawn, orchard, parking and other areas to provide level and safe walking and traffic surfaces.
- Trim, prune and dispose of excessive vegetation from roadway edges, utilities, etc. to ensure proper fire safe clearance. Implement Property’s Fire Safe Management Plan as directed.
- Mow lawn and orchard areas to maintain neat appearance and fire safe areas.
- Perform maintenance and rehabilitation work on structures and grounds as assigned by Landlord.
- Maintain NSHC equipment and structures as directed. On annual basis, provide list of equipment and supply needs to President and/or designee.
- Review and understand the scope of the private and public on-site events and their general location, size, duration, special conditions and/or NSHC requirements.
- Support the President and or other designated NSHC personnel for cleanup and setup work to prepare for events to be held at the House.
- Provide a calendar record of work performed each day, the type of work performed and the number of hours for each type of work. Submit this record after the end of each month to the Treasurer of NSHC.
- Provide a weekly timesheet to President and/or his designee which lists all completed and/or in progress work tasks.
- Assist and provide input on annual work plan to Grounds Committee by identifying priority projects, needed supplies for equipment.
General Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduation with a High School diploma from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge and experience in using and/or maintaining general mechanized equipment for landscaping or construction purposes such as mower, chainsaw, tractor, weedeater, etc. Ability to keep organized records including registrations and maintenance schedules of such equipment.
- Skills as light handyman and ability to perform basic repair or carpentry tasks.
- Knowledge of irrigation, fence construction/mending, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, vermin control.
- Good interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, a plus.
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, email and social media a plus.
- Lift and carry machinery, tools, and/or materials that weigh fifty pounds or more.
- Stand or site for in excess of one hour.
Salary / Compensation:
As a condition of employment, the Property Manager shall occupy the Assay Office as their primary residence. In addition, the position will receive pay of approximately $500.00 / month, depending on hours worked, but generally equates to 50 hours of service for such priority tasks as security and general maintenance (per job description), and serving as a Site Manager for an average of 4 events per month. Completion of the 50 on-site service hours shall relieve the commitment for rental payment. Note: NSHC provides insurance coverage for employee relative to liability and worker’s compensation.